Saturday, June 26, 2010

In the last week since I've returned home to Massachusetts, I have spent a good deal of time in churches. To me they're a touch point of Grace -- a place where I can grasp at the Divine mystery that surrounds us. I miss Robin so much. And being in a church, at close proximity to our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament helps me to hold to my faith in the promises of Christ, that at the end of time all will be restored to as it was and as it should be. The world will be put to right. It will again be with her then. All who have been saved by Faith and transformed in Grace will be. That is our hope. It is the final clause of our Creed. It will be God's final act. In churches, I can cleave to this hope. Through Holy Communion, I can experience a passing sensation of that supreme union that we will all have one day together with the Saints with God. I can see the statues and images of the saints, visible reminders that Body of Christ extends beyond the earthly existence we have now. Robin is with them and with us in this way, praying for us and we for her. When the gulf that separates the living and dead is bridged, we will be more plainly united together. We will see them and be with them with God. With all my heart, this is my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment